A Commitment to Public Safety
The District, which includes the communities of Atherton, East Palo Alto, Menlo Park, and North Fair Oaks, is experiencing unprecedented growth, especially in the area east of Highway 101, with no end in sight. With an annual budget of more than $50 million, the District provides high quality lifesaving emergency services to these communities. The District is adequately funded now, but planned growth is placing a strain on its resources. Communities must know the District has the plans and resources needed to continue providing vital emergency services now, and in the future.
I have served as a police and fire service first-responder, and a senior manager for one of the largest public safety agencies in the nation. My extensive experience in developing strategic and financial plans, and working effectively with colleagues in the public and private sectors, has prepared me to address the complex issues facing the District.
With more than 35 years of public safety experience I have the knowledge, skills and abilities to effectively serve on the District Board to ensure our communities continue to receive the highest level of emergency services, delivered in a fiscally responsible manner, now and in the future. I want to be your voice on the District’s Board of Directors.
What I will accomplish as a member of the District Board:
- Work to ensure the District is a good steward of your tax dollars, and resources are allocated in a fiscally responsible way.
- Develop a Strategic Plan to guide the District’s response to rapid residential and commercial growth to ensure our communities continue to receive the highest level of emergency services.
- Work with local government partners to evaluate if impact fees on new developments are necessary to adequately fund District operations in future years.
- Ensure District first responders have the best equipment, training and facilities to provide the highest level lifesaving services our families rely on in times of need.
- Ensure the District continues to attract and retain high quality employees.